This year, we decided to take a close look at a category of sites we’ve been quietly tracking for the past four years: Websites that market and sell software as services (a.k.a. SaaS or cloud).
Once limited to a lonely landing page with a free sign up offer, these sites have finally evolved into full-fledged venues packed with product families and sophisticated marketing behaviors. Now that they’ve grown up, it’s time to see how they stack up with their traditional software brethren.
To pick the standard bearers, we researched the top SaaS providers by revenue and market clout – reviewed the contenders – and then added Salesforce.com and Netsuite.com to the 2014 Index roster. Here’s why we think Salesforce.com is likely to win.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member or
have a Guest Membership to access this content.
- About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
- Drum Roll Please! The 2014 eBusiness Index finalists – and the 3 big stories they are going to tell
- 2014 Index Preview: Can EMC.com’s new design deliver a top ten ranking?
- 2014 Index Preview: Why Accenture and IBM should worry about Capgemini
- 2014 Index Preview: Will ‘business as usual’ keep Cisco at the top of the rankings?
- 2014 Index Preview: Will IBM and Dell leave an opening for HP to come back?
- 2014 Index Preview: Why Oracle.com is the site to watch
- 2014 Index Preview: Why Adobe.com has the best shot at acing the Index