The story for CA.com last year was all about its October 2013 launch that focused on cleaning up some sins of the past – and moving it into closer parity with competitive sites (IBM, Oracle, and SAP). We covered the launch in October and were, quite frankly, underwhelmed.
Fade out to January 2014, and we have CA.com’s eBusiness Index evaluation results hot off the press. Did CA.com achieve its goal to improve its 2013 scores and move ahead of competitors?
That would be a yes – and a no. Here’s what happened and why.
Usability | CA.com slid from #1 in 2013 to 4th place (dead last) this year.
On the plus side, several parts of the CA.com site came oh-so-close to a good practice rating. If you feel like surfing, corporate marketing, the press/news zone, site navigation & social media, product marketing, and recruiting are all worth a quick competitive look.
But sites are always the sum of their parts and CA.com’s “other” parts swamped its few good performers.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
Category: Competitive Profile
Class: Website rankings & ratings
Websites Profiled: CA, IBM Software Group, Oracle, SAP
- About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
- Drum Roll Please! The 2014 eBusiness Index finalists – and the 3 big stories they are going to tell
- 2014 Index Preview | Enterprise Software | Why Oracle is the site to watch
Enterprise Software Competitive Profiles
- SAP.com hits a solid single plus a usability home run
- IBM Software Group | Up, down and all over the place
- Oracle.com | SAP.com derails Oracle.com’s dreams of a first place clean sweep
- Website Launch: The new CA.com delivers plenty of hits and misses
- 9 reasons why your B2B collaterals should be Flipboards in 2014
- Website Design: 8 sites that get it — and 6 sites that don’t
- The new CA.com | One step forward, three steps back