There’s nothing worse than having a study tell you that your B2B buyers need to make an emotional connection with your company and products – and not having a clue about how to craft content that hits the mark.
Turns out that Dan and Chip Heath’s “Made to Stick” SUCCESs model offers a very interesting way to get your content authors on the same page – provides a nifty checklist to vet new content – and can be a great way to map the classes of content you provide on marketing pages. Here’s the basic formula.
- Simple – your core message is clear.
- Unexpected – surprise your audience.
- Concrete – be clear.
- Credible – sources and social proof support your statements.
- Emotional – even B2B buyers should be moved emotionally.
- Stories – convey your bright idea through a brand story.
This, of course, begs the question. Where can you see all or most of these practices at work?
To find out, I took a tour across the sites we track on the eBusiness Index. Turns out that IBM’s Smarter Planet Social Business zone is a good place to see most of this formula in action. As you view the short video below, consider the 6 ways this zone hits the SUCCESs mark.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
Category: Case Study
Class: Best Practice
Websites Profiled: IBM.com
- Website Launch: Why Oracle.com’s stealth launch is a B2B game changer
- Moment of Brilliance: How Adobe.com & IBM.com make the right emotional connections with B2B buyers
- Join me on Google+ to read more cut-to-the chase, unvarnished opinions about the Websites we review.