Since corporate marketing is a centerpiece of most digital strategies, you’d think that every site would be a Best Practice performer.
You’d be wrong.
As the graph above attests, corporate marketing performance ranges from the truly remarkable (Cisco.com) — to a handful of industry leaders (IBM, HP, Oracle, Microsoft, Adobe) – with everyone else stumbling around in the Competitive quadrant.
And what about social media? One thing stands out.
Cisco.com’s social media wins hands down – and provides some design moments of brilliance that shouldn’t be missed.
We evaluated the corporate marketing zones on 20 leading Websites with an eye on two issues:
- Is it easy to find social media assets on corporate marketing pages; and
- Once you find them, are they easy to use?
And who made the top 10 cut when we took these sites for a social media spin? You might be surprised.
When all of the results are sliced and diced, only 7 corporate marketing zones offer social media links that are easy to find. Among these, Cisco.com, CA.com and Intel.com top the list.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
Category: Industry Rankings and Good Practice Examples
Class: Best Practice
Websites Profiled: Cisco.com, CA.com. Intel.com, HP Software, HP.com, Juniper.net, SAP.com Oracle.com, IBM Software, EMC.com
- Drum Roll Please! The Social Media Top 10 | Not your usual suspects
- The Social Media Top 10 | The 8 secrets to building a best practice social media Website
- Social Media Top 10 | Product Marketing | CA.com & HP Software get “best of the best” nods & Dell.com aces usability
- Social Media Top 10 | Industry Marketing | CA beats Oracle by a nose & Dell ends up with a usability prize
- Social Media Top 10 | Services Marketing | CA.com and Adobe.com take different paths to the winner’s podium