One look at the graph on the right will tell you that most companies struggle to craft a compelling services marketing story.
Turns out that social media is an equally big challenge.
We evaluated the services marketing zones on 20 leading Websites with an eye on two issues:
- Is it easy to find social media assets in services marketing zones; and
- Once you find them, are they easy to use?
And who made the top 10 cut when all was said and done? Eight sites earned top honors — and two slipped in under the wire.
Although most sites struggle to present their services in a coherent context, two sites stand out as social media services marketing mavens: Adobe.com, and CA.com.
Oracle.com and HP.com’s Enterprise Software zone deserve a couple of (reluctant) attaboys.
Not surprisingly, CA.com aces this category by replicating its product marketing prowess built on providing social media assets in at least 3 positions on the page.
It is also most adept at sponsoring and connecting visitors to services-specific social media venues (see screenshot below).
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
Category: Industry Rankings and Good Practice Examples
Class: Industry Leaders
Websites Profiled: CA, Oracle, IBM, IBM Software, SAP, Adobe, EMC, Juniper Networks, HP
- Drum Roll Please! The Social Media Top 10 | Not your usual suspects
- The Social Media Top 10 | The 8 secrets to building a best practice social media Website
- Social Media Top 10 | Corporate Marketing | Cisco.com delivers the moment of brilliance & Intel & CA go to the head of the class
- Social Media Top 10 | Product Marketing | CA.com & HP Software get “best of the best” nods & Dell.com aces usability
- Social Media Top 10 | Industry Marketing | CA beats Oracle by a nose & Dell ends up with a usability prize