Each year siteIQ analysts audit and evaluate 25** of the most prominent sites on the IT Web to assess how well they market, sell, and support their varied audiences. These audits are conducted using the siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark, and the results are published as part of our ongoing siteIQ eBusiness Index study.
As announced earlier this year, 2018 marks our inaugural evaluations using the new siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark that includes competitive requirements based current “Less is More” strategies and eliminates resources associated with outdated “More is Better” wisdom. These adjustments result in a reduction in the number of total possible Website Features, which in turn, affects Website Performance — and in some cases Website Usability — scores. Thus, it’s impossible for our 2018 analysis not to show some major adjustments across the breadth of the eBusiness Index roster.
In fact, there isn’t a single instance where the Top 3 websites are the same this year as they were last year when Website Features, Website Usability, and Website Performance rankings are compared.
This summary announces Search Features & Facilities rankings and ratings based on Overall Performance, Total Features, and Website Usability scores awarded during our 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index evaluations.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
Stay tuned for more eBusiness Index results by category.
Also, keep an eye out for more information about our 2019 evaluations — and to learn which industries and websites will be included in the 2019 eBusiness Index evaluation roster.
**The 2018 Index roster includes 26 sites due to the late addition of e.Huawei.com
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2018 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,000 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 145 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2018 evaluations were performed during the first quarter of 2018.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites