Networking Systems websites have a lot in common with their enterprise systems counterparts. They market complex hardware, software, and services. They appeal to technically savvy audiences. And top-notch support and training are a must. But that is where the commonalities end.
Where Enterprise Systems sites are all sprawling properties, Networking Systems sites come in a variety of shapes and sizes. And, where each Enterprise Systems site displays at least one unique strength, there is a clear standout among sites tracked in the Networking Systems segment.
Cisco.com tops the Networking Systems roster nearly across the board, which should come as no surprise given the site’s vast wealth of content and history of innovation. In fact, Cisco.com delivers most of the Best Practice behaviors of the Networking Systems bunch. But it doesn’t steal first place in every benchmark category.
What are the secrets to Cisco.com’s success and where do Cisco.com’s smaller brethren, Juniper.net, PaloAltoNetworks.com, and Broadcom.com manage to steal its thunder?
Find out below the fold.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2018 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,000 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 145 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2018 evaluations were performed during the first quarter of 2018.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites