Networking product sets may be more limited in scope than those sold by Enterprise Systems companies, but their web properties share similar challenges. Both sell hardware, software, and services; have IT savvy audiences; and provide support for highly technical products.
But Networking sites are a horse of a slightly different color. These websites are unique in that they:
- Sell using “Contact Us”-class call to action and complex configurators (rather than ecommerce systems), and
- Offer high-end training and industry certifications.
To assess how well Networking Systems websites market, sell, and support their audiences the siteIQ team evaluated four best-in-class sites, Cisco.com, Juniper.net, PaloAltoNetworks.com, and Broadcom.com, using the siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark.
This benchmark identifies & tracks 988 types of website features that represent current requirements for Networking Systems websites and includes 139 website usability questions that measure site versatility & usefulness from the visitor’s point of view.
This case study announces the leaders and the laggers in the Networking Systems industry segment based on Overall Website Performance, Total Website Features, and Overall Website Usability scores.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2018 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,000 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 145 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2018 evaluations were performed during the first quarter of 2018.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites