Enterprise Software sites are always walking a tight wire. They sell very expensive, highly complex products to specialized audiences that have unique needs – and high standards. These factors require enterprise software sites to deliver:
Content about complicated products and solutions that is easy to understand
Support that covers products that are often customized to fit the customer’s needs
Training information that is clear and concise using systems that are intuitive
Communities that address their audience’s specific needs and interests
To assess how well Enterprise Software websites market, sell, and support their audiences the siteIQ team evaluated four best-in-class sites CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com and SAP.com using the siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark.
This benchmark identifies & tracks 1,059 types of website features that represent current requirements for Enterprise Software websites and includes 145 website usability questions that measure site versatility & usefulness from the visitor’s point of view.
This case study announces the leaders and the laggers in the Enterprise Software industry segment based on Overall Website Performance, Total Website Features and Overall Website Usability scores.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2018 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,000 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 145 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2018 evaluations were performed during the first quarter of 2018.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites
2017 Index by Category:
- Navigation | Growth is the name of the game
- Search Features & Facilities | Search usability takes a dive
- Product Marketing | IBM, Dell, and HP mix up the rankings
- Services Marketing | HP, IBM, and Cisco dance to different tunes
- Channel Marketing | Oracle blows away CA and IBM
- eCommerce | Dell, HP, and Apple lead the pack of have’s and have not’s
- Call to Action | HP, Cisco, and IBM leap into leadership positions
- Support | Rookies rock the Support rankings
- Training | Movers and shakers disrupt the roster