On their face, Business Software sites may seem the same as their Enterprise Software brethren. Both sell complex software, provide technology services, and cater to a variety of industries.
But these two groups, while selling similar types of products, face different online challenges. Unlike Enterprise Software, Business Software sites:
Market products to consumers as well as businesses,
Support customers with varying degrees of technical knowledge, and
Provide ecommerce facilities
To assess how well Business Software sites market, sell, and support their varied audiences, the siteIQ team evaluated four best-in-class sites, Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, and Citrix.com, using the siteIQ eBusiness Index benchmark.
This benchmark identifies & tracks 1,059 types of website features that represent current requirements for Business Software websites and includes 145 website usability questions that measure site versatility and usefulness from the visitor’s point of view.
This case study announces the leaders and laggers in the Business Software industry segment.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2018 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2018 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,000 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 145 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2018 evaluations were performed during the first quarter of 2018.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites