On the 2017 siteIQ Index, HP.com reigns supreme.
The site reels in 9 Top 5 rankings in Overall Performance, 13 in the Website Features, and another 9 in Usability — and, most importantly, leaps up two spots to take first place in Overall Website Performance.
So, what makes HP.com so special? Is it its sharp design that channels the best parts of Apple.com’s spare style — then adds a splash of color? How it uses animation to great, and useful, effect? Or is it HP.com’s headlines that do a stellar job of generating interest in HP products — even for those that aren’t on the shopping list?
Sure, all those things play a small part in the site’s success. But HP.com is more than just a pretty face.
The secret to HP.com’s Index win is that it excels in areas where other sites struggle — especially services marketing, call to action, and ecommerce. But it also provides an exceptional user experience in other site areas including support, training, and product and corporate marketing.
So, what is HP.com doing that other sites are missing? We’re glad you asked…
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-five Websites listed on the 2017 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into eight industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, IBM.com, HPE.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, PaloAltoNetworks.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Capgemini.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
- Consumer Systems (HP.com, Apple.com)
- Enterprise Storage (EMC.com, NetApp.com)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2017 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark, which includes 18 distinct categories. Within each category, sites are scored based on three unique criteria:
- Website Features: The content, resources, assets, and collateral provided on any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently identifies & tracks over 1,500 types of Website features that represent typical competitive requirements. Within each category siteIQ analysts track the number — as well as quality — of features provided.
- Website Usability: The overall practicality, versatility, usefulness, and convenience of any given Website. The siteIQ Best Practices Benchmark currently includes 146 metrics that measure usability from the visitor’s perspective. Within each category siteIQ analysts score usability questions based on a strict set of standards to award between 1—100 points per question.
- Overall Performance: The aggregate suitability of any given Website that factors Website Features and Website Usability scores.
The 2017 evaluations were performed during the fourth quarter of 2016.
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: HP.com
- About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
- 2017 siteIQ Index | HP steals first, Cisco sits at second, and IBM sinks to third
- Social Media Top 10 | Product Marketing | CA.com & HP Software get “best of the best” nods & Dell.com aces usability
- Why HP.com’s “Meet the Experts” is a moment of brilliance