Overall Performance | Drum Roll Please!
IBM.com, Cisco.com, and HP.com hold on to the coveted Top 3 spots in 2015, but three other sites are gearing up to knock them off their perches. Oracle.com, SAP.com, and Microsoft.com are marching up the rankings and, given enough momentum, could end up at the top of the roster in 2016.
The enterprise-class sites take the crown, but they aren’t winning on size alone. The Top 5 sites in Overall scoring also land in the top 6 places in Usability (for the nitty-gritty usability details skip down to the bottom of the page (login required)).
The Services and Software as Services (SaaS) sites anchor the bottom of the list with Salesforce.com and Netsuite.com taking the brunt of the damage.
So who’s the one to watch? The up and comers, Oracle.com, SAP.com, and Microsoft.com, naturally. However, with a new slate of designs emerging, 2016’s winners will depend on form, function, and execution. Let the games begin.
Let the games begin.
Sorry, you have to be a Library Member to access this content.
About the siteIQ eBusiness Index
siteIQ evaluated the twenty-three Websites listed on the 2015 siteIQ eBusiness Index. These Websites are categorized into six industry-specific segments including:
- Business Software (Adobe.com, Microsoft.com, Symantec.com, Citrix.com)
- Cloud (Salesforce.com, Netsuite.com, Netapp.com)
- Enterprise Software (CA.com, IBM Software, Oracle.com, SAP.com)
- Enterprise Systems (Dell.com, HP.com, IBM.com, Apple.com)
- Network Systems (Brocade.com, Cisco.com, Juniper.net)
- Professional Services (Accenture.com, Cognizant.com, IBM Global Services)
These in-depth evaluations were conducted using the 2015 edition of the siteIQ eBusiness Index Best Practices Benchmark.
This benchmark identifies and tracks over 1,500 types of content, features, capabilities, navigation, and design elements that represent current requirements for typical IT industry Websites. These requirements are organized into 18 categories that correspond to different areas of a Website and site-wide utilities.
During these evaluations, siteIQ analysts also score each site based on 140 metrics that measure usability & effectiveness from the visitor’s point of view. These metrics align to the 18 categories mentioned above.
The 2015 evaluations were performed during the fourth quarter of 2015 and released in 2016
Category: Index Rankings
Class: Website Reviews and Rankings
Websites Profiled: siteIQ eBusiness Index Websites
Index by Category:
- Navigation & Architecture | IBM, Cisco, and Oracle rule the navigation roost
- Search | Cisco hits the trifecta while Dell and IBM search for footing
- Product Marketing | IBM makes a clean sweep while HP and Oracle follow behind
- Services Marketing | HP.com hits the ranking trifecta while IBM and Cisco trail behind
- Channel Marketing | IBM and Oracle duke it out for first place with surprising results
- eCommerce | Dell hangs onto 1st, while Apple and Oracle steal 2nd and 3rd
- Call To Action | Dell leaps up to first, Symantec slips down to second, and Cisco slides into third
- Support | Dell, IBM, and HP play king of the hill
- Training | IBM is king of content but EMC is queen of usability
- Product Marketing Rankings | Dell.com has all of the right stuff, Oracle.com makes them usable — but IBM.com wins it all
- FieldNote: IBM PartnerWorld’s mega menu is more than links – it’s marketing
- FieldNote: Cisco aces search (again) with a little help from its friend Google
- 3 ways Symantec, Cisco, Dell, Oracle, and IBM.com create world-class call to action
- Social Media Top 10 | Product Marketing | CA.com & HP Software get “best of the best” nods & Dell.com aces usability
- Why HP.com’s “Meet the Experts” is a moment of brilliance